We collect personal information about you in order to provide a personalized experience catered to you. This also allows us to alert you to administrational, product or service changes, and for marketing purposes.
Information that you provide us:
We will collect any information that you provide to us when you:
• make an enquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint over the phone, by email or on our website;
• submit correspondence to us by post, email or via our website;
• order products or services from our website;
• create an account to use the website;
• update your profile and other account details including your address book;
• subscribe to our newsletter and mailing lists;
• subscribe to receive our catalogue;
• fill in a form, conduct a search, respond to surveys, participate in promotions or use any other features of the website;
• participate in our loyalty programme (online and in store);
• participate in the Astrid & Miyu affiliate programme;
• register to and/or attend our events;
• submit a CV or application to a job vacancy or attend an interview or assessment for a job vacancy
• ‘follow’, ‘like’, post to or interact with our social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram.
• otherwise provide us your personal information.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies:
We use your information for the following purposes:
• To provide access to our website: in a manner convenient and optimal for you and with personalised content relevant to you;
• To register your account: we will use the details provided on your account registration form, or Facebook if you choose Facebook Login for the purposes of setting up your account;
• To enable you to place orders and to process and facilitate transactions with us;
• User and customer support: to provide customer service and support, to offer a live chat support service to our customers, and to deal with enquiries or complaints about the website and share your information with our website developer, IT support provider, payment services providers, marketing services providers and customer support service provider as necessary to provide customer support;
• Prize draws, competitions and surveys: to enable you to take part in prize draws, competitions and surveys;
• Marketing: to keep in contact with you about our news, events, new website features products or services that we believe may interest you, provided that we have the requisite permission to do so;
• Loyalty programme: to operate a loyalty programme, including rewarding points for referrals, newsletter subscriptions and your purchases;
• Advertising: to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to;
• Social media interactions: to interact with users on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, for example, responding to comments and messages, posting, ‘retweeting’ and ‘liking’ posts;
• Analytics: to use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences;
• Suggestions and recommendations: to share your information with selected third parties (where we have your consent to do so);
• Research: to carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general engagement with our website (on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing the right kinds of products and services to our website users);
• Fraud and unlawful activity detection: to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity;
•To enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights.
As an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement, we will share your personal information when relevant with third parties. If you would like to know more about the third parties we share your information with please contact us.
We may share your details with other carefully selected retail companies and charities who we feel may be of interest to you We will share your data with our CRM email marketing platform and our loyalty program. We also work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the following product categories: clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
Please note that Epsilon Abacus may transfer data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission. If you would like more information, please call us on 01908 522455, write to us at our address below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not wish us to share this information please tick the appropriate box when ordering or to update this preference at any time email us at email@example.com.
• strictly necessary cookies - these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around a website and use its features and enable services you have specifically asked for.
• performance cookies - these collect information about how visitors use a website, for example, by recording which pages users go to most often (usually on an anonymous basis);
• functionality cookies - these cookies allow a website to remember the choices a user makes, such as a user name or language preference to improve your experience.
• targeting or advertising cookies - these collect information about a user's browsing habits and are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. This is in order to make advertising relevant to you or your interest.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer)
and https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Please note that by blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
We use commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in an effort to safeguard and secure the information we collect on the services. These procedures include, but are not limited to, firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection, and services monitoring. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your transmission of your data to the Services thus is done entirely at your own risk.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably require to retain the information for our lawful business purposes, such as for the purposes of exercising our legal rights or where we are permitted to do. We operate a data retention policy and look to find ways to reduce the amount of information we hold about you and the length of time that we need to keep it. If you would like to know more about how we protect your privacy and how long we keep it for please contact us.
You can also play a part in keeping your information safe by:
• choosing a strong account password and changing it regularly;
• using different passwords for different online accounts;
• keeping your login and password confidential and avoiding sharing these details with others;
• making sure you log out of the website each time you have finished using it. This is particularly important when using a shared computer;
• letting us know if you know or suspect that your account has been compromised, or if someone has accessed your account without your permission;
• keeping your devices protected by using the latest version of your operating system and maintaining any necessary anti-virus software; and being vigilant to any fraudulent emails that may appear to be from us. Any emails that we send will come from an email address ending in ‘@astridandmiyu.com e.g. @astridandmiyu.com’. • we have a SSL certificate..
California law allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share any California consumer personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without consent. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices may contact us using the contact information set forth below.Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected the Personally Identifiable Information from a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete the information. If you are aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.Updates
It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes during your relationship with us by updating your profile account information or contacting us via the contact details below.Contacting Us